In 2007 NASA thought it best that I spend three months in Koeln, Germany to assist ESA in becoming a full member of the International Space Station. That was a big mistake. I fell in love with this city and three years later recieved the opportunity to come and work for ESA full-time! Here I will log the trials and triumphs of an ex-pat in Germany. Enjoy!

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Colbie Caillat

You may be surprised to know that German TV is in German. Even the Simpsons and other American Shows are dubbed into German. This makes it very difficult to relax in front of the boob tube like most Americans like to do. The only shows that are in English are CNN, BBC World News and MTV. After seeing the same news report three times, it gets a little dull, so on comes MTV for dinner before it gets really crazy with things like Flava Flave, but I digress.
So I’m watching German MTV that includes both American and German artists. After some crazy German Rap video, I see a warm sunny beach and a blonde granola cruncher on the screen. I immediately knew I would like this song. It happened to be California native Colbie Caillat.

I heard the chorus of Bubbly and was immediately beaming because just earlier I had been talking to James over IM and said that the best feeling is when he says something and my toes curl and nose crinkles. It was instantly my favorite song. Maria will know what I mean when I say I played it like I did when I discovered O.A.R. Crazy Game of Poker :-) . At least this time I wasn’t bothering anyone else.

Bubbly has now become my fall back song. When I’m tired in the afternoon, or I get a little grumpy or lonely, I can play this song and change my mood a little. I was happy to discover that Colbie is coming to Köln on 19 November! That means I better learn a few more of her songs. Stay tuned to read about the show!

No comments: